Baked Chicken w/Sweet Sauce
6 to 8 Chicken Breasts
1 1/2 Cup Cornstarch for coating
Sauce:
3/4 Sugar
1/3 C Vinegar
2 TB Soy Sauce
1/4 C Ketchup
1 tsp Garlic Powder
Combine all sauce ingredients in a medium size bowl and set aside. Dip Chicken in cornstarch and fry in oil until crusty. Put in a baking pan and pour sauce over chicken. Turn chicken every 15 minutes to coat. Cook at 350 for 45 minutes. Serves 6-8
Pudding
4 Cups Milk
2 Eggs
2 tsp Vanilla (Mom prefers Coconut flavoring)
1 Cup Sugar
4 TB Cornstarch
Shredded Coconut Flakes (Opt. but I consider a must- J)
Heat milk until it forms a scum. In a separate bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch, mix well. Then add the eggs to this mixture. Add about 1/4 C of the Hot milk to sugar, egg mixture and stir well. (You can stir a small amount until smooth and it won't lump when added to the rest of the hot milk. ) Add this mixture to remaining hot milk and cook LOW until it boils, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add Vanilla or preferred flavoring. Grandpa and I like to add shredded coconut also.
I spoke with Mom this week to find out what she'd want for her Mother's Day meal and this was her ideal meal. With the chicken dinner she'd prefer a garden salad and a potato. Like I mentioned before I had no idea what she'd want to eat so I was surprised with her dinner choice, especially since it's something she never made us growing up. I asked her where this recipe came from and she said her sister (Aunt Karen) made it for a "brothers and sisters dinner" a couple years back. Now her dessert choice is something I know us kids are very familiar with . I remember eating this in Oracle many times and of course is had the coconut flakes. This recipe was given to her when Hope and Marsha where kids and a church event in Woodruff by Turley. These recipes can also be found in the great cook book Mom gave us for Christmas in 2009!
No comments:
Post a Comment