So maybe it's
already after Mother's Day, but with Richard's wedding and my Johnson trip to
Washington DC, I feel confident that I will be pardoned.
Here's the full
menu with a tidbit about the story behind it:
- BBQ Ribs
- Spinach Salad with Heath chips (Romney's)
- Cowboy Caviar aka Mexican Bean Salsa- Love, love, love - my body craves this. I make it year round, but it is a ward 4th of July tradition here in Cary 2nd ward (Younce Family) I got the recipe at an enrichment meeting a few years back from a woman who gardens and swears by easy and fresh foods. I tasted it and never forgot how wonderful it was.
- Angel Food cake with fresh sliced sugared Strawberries - no recipe provided. I think this has always been a favorite dessert of mine.
For the BBQ Ribs - Outback Style
Baby Back Pork Ribs (get from
Costco/Sams)
slather them
BBQ sauce
Bake in the oven and
cover with tinfoil. Bake @ 350 for 30 minutes for 1 rack and 40
minutes for two. Cook until barely done - don't over cook.
Heat up BBQ grill
Remove tinfoil, put meat
on the hot BBQ grill. Pour the juice from the oven pan over the ribs.
The point is to use the grill to carmelize the juices and give it
a BBQ flavor. Cook until carmelized and black stripes are on the meat.
(about 5-10 minutes per side depending on several factors: amount
of juice, amount of BBQ sauce in your juice and the heat of your grill).
EAT!!!
For the Spinach Salad with Heath chips, Strawberries & Poppyseed Dressing
Ingredients:
Feeds: 8 generous servings
Salad:
· 1 bag washed spinach
· 1 head romaine lettuce
· 1 lb. strawberries sliced (works with less)
· 1 bag chocolate covered or regular Heath Bits
(only used a small portion)
Dressing (Sweet): (Makes 2 Cups
worth - enough for 2-3 of the above salads)
· 1 cup light mayonnaise (Heilmans has the best flavor)
· ¾ cup milk (adjust to preferred consistency)
· ½ cup sugar (more or less to taste)
· ½ tsp. salt
· 1 tsp yellow mustard
· 1-2 Tbsp. rice vinegar (I use 2)
· 1-2 tsp. poppy seeds (I use 2)
Directions:
· Mix the greens.
· Just before serving toss in the strawberries, dressing, and
Heath Bits.
For the Cowboy Caviar aka Black Bean Salsa
|
--
Hope
Hope
What is everyone's favorite BBQ sauce? I personally LOVE Sweet Baby Rays! I know Kenny likes Famous Dave's BBQ Sauce, Hope uses Masterpiece Sauce so what are you putting on your ribs?
ReplyDelete